Friday, November 2, 2018

Week 10 - Fall 2018 (cron jobs, analytics, and archivesspace OAI)

Three items of systems related success this week:

  1. Cron jobs are now running to backup the archivesspace database, using cron and the .my.cnf file this is now working reasonably well with a backup every morning at 6:30 a.m. we are going to keep just the last two created
  2. The second thing I worked on was getting the new Finding Aids from ArchivesSpace piped into our Primo instance. So I had to delete the all of the old WUARCHIVES scope, and then harvest the new finding aids from the OAI (port 8082) of our server which for some unknown reason to me was not open. Then once WITS opened permanently for me, since I could open temporarily by editing the IP tables, I had to set up a proxy for it since ExLibris from off-campus had to do the harvesting. Which also had me create a new normalization rule similar to the CONTENTdm one with some minor modifications.
  3. Finished off this week with some alma analytics trying to clean up some old messy records on our system and also demo something for the upcoming systems call for analytics.

No comments:

Post a Comment