Friday, October 4, 2019

Google Quiz, Mysqli and Bind, Alma Skin

A good week for saving some work and time on different projects.

  1. I finally decided to flip my GamePlan quiz, which I send to all the student-athletes that go through my GamePlan program at Willamette. In the past, I had just used a campus mail form script to capture quiz answers, have them emailed to me, and then I would have to compare the results to the correct answers and tally the totals. Now by flipping my Google Form to a quiz, Google takes care of all that work for me. When the student-athlete finishes the quiz, they get immediate feedback on their result, and their score is also captured in the response sheet.
  2. Finally got back to some coding this week, and did some more converting of some php mysql to now use the binding technique to eliminate any chance of SQL injection into our database.
  3. On Friday morning we had a librarian at Oregon State who had an issue reported to him about the Summit request form not properly displaying. He knew it was most likely something in the CSS he was going to have to fix but was unsure of where that was maintained. Is it in Primo or in Alma? This is an odd one, at first, I was going to see if anyone else was going to jump in with an answer but after not seeing anything on it for 30 minutes I decided to get my brain around the issue. So, the alma delivery skin, is actually uploaded in the Alma interface and its setting as to which file you can use is set in the Primo Back Office tables. Jesse Thomas at WWU also reminded us that some of the elements on that form can now be controlled from the Alma interface as well. Always nice to see how the Alliance can work together as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment